Tax notices are sent to Lafourche Parish property owners in November of each year, and payment is due by December 31st.
We offer several payment options for those who do not wish to pay taxes online:
Send a check or money order to Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office, P.O. Box 5608, Thibodaux, LA 70302. Make payable to Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Pay with cash, check, money order, credit card*, or debit card* at these LPSO offices:
- Administrative Office – 200 Canal Boulevard, Thibodaux
- South Lafourche Sub-station – 102 West 91st Street, Galliano
Taxes can also be paid at any Lafourche Parish branch of the following banks:
- First American Bank
- South Lafourche Bank
- State Bank & Trust
- United Community Bank
- Whitney Bank
If paying in-person or by mail, you can make partial payments. Each partial payment must be at least 25% of the total amount due (maximum of 4 payments). The first partial payment must be made by December 31.
NOTE: Any amount unpaid by December 31 is subject to additional costs as outlined below.
- On January 1, all unpaid taxes (including any remaining amounts for partial payments) begin accruing interest at a rate of 1% per month until paid.
- On April 1, an additional 10% collection cost is added to the unpaid amount, as well as any additional costs associated with the tax sale.
NOTE: If the property is sold at the tax sale, the owner is subject to lose the homestead exemption. Property sold at the tax sale may be redeemed up to 3 years from the date of recordation. A 5% penalty and 1% interest charge per month will apply. The owner must contact the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office to redeem the property.
* Please note that all credit card and debit card payments are subject to a surcharge.
Homeowners should always first check with their mortgage company before paying a bill to avoid double payment. Anyone who purchased property within the year will more than likely have their tax bill mailed to the previous property owner, but the current owner is responsible for all taxes due.
For more information about property tax payments, please call (985) 449-4430.