Sheriff Craig Webre, on behalf of the Louisiana Sheriffs Association, awards a $500 annual scholarship to provide assistance to worthy students in furthering their education and training with resources made available through the program. Each applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- graduating high school student
- permanent resident of Lafourche Parish
- planning to attend (and eligible for admission to) a local college, including one of the following:
- Nicholls State University,
- L.E. Fletcher Technical Community College, or
- South Central Louisiana Technical College
The award will only be paid for attendance at one of the aforementioned qualifying institutions as a full-time, undergraduate student. There are no restrictions on applicants by reason of race, creed, color, age or national origin, and family members of Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office employees are also eligible to apply. The scholarship is awarded as a gift, not a loan, and there are no restrictions on the purposes for which the scholarship is spent.
Applications must be completed and received by April 1. Applications can be dropped off at any Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office location, or mailed to:
Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office
P.O. Box 5608
Thibodaux, LA 70302
An independent selection committee will review the applications and select a winner to be announced in May.