Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre reported results of a busy weekend in Lafourche Parish as deputies arrested or cited over 50 individuals during the three day period, from Friday, August 3 through Sunday, August 6. Eleven were charged with DWI offenses, four others face drug charges and 12 other fugitives were apprehended. The remainder of the arrests and citations were for various charges.
These results reflect the excellent job our deputies are doing in all our divisions, said Sheriff Webre. There was no special emphasis of any kind placed on the weekends patrol activities. This is simply an example of the great police work we see from our deputies on a daily basis.
Early Friday morning, patrol deputies spotted a vehicle traveling on LA Highway 316 in Bayou Blue with no side mirrors or license plate light. Deputies initiated a traffic stop and cited the driver for the violations. During the stop, deputies noticed the passenger to be acting strangely. He identified himself as Delandis Brown (B/M, D.O.B. 01/22/90) of 1349 Palmisano Drive in Houma. Deputies discovered him to have active warrants for Terrebonne Parish and the Louisiana Department of Probation and Parole. After receiving permission to search the vehicle, deputies discovered three plastic bags of suspected marijuana located under the seat where Brown was sitting. Brown was arrested and charged with possession with the intent to distribute marijuana. He was transported to the Lafourche Parish Detention Center in Thibodaux where he remains in lieu of $20,000 bond as set by Judge Ashly Bruce Simpson. He is also being held for the Department of Probation and Parole and Terrebonne Parish.
Cynthia Dufrene (W/F, D.O.B. 08/25/65) of 180 Orange Street in Galliano was arrested Friday for possession of Percocet, Clonazepam, Hydrocodone, Lorcet and drug paraphernalia. A patrol deputy noticed her walking alongside LA Highway 1 in Lockport and stopped to check on her. While speaking to the deputy, she removed a pill bottle from her purse. Upon the deputys request, Dufrene allowed the deputy to search her purse, and the deputy discovered two bottles containing several individual pills for which she did not have a prescription. The deputy also located a metal rod pusher commonly used with a crack pipe. She was arrested and transported to the Criminal Operations Center in Lockport. While there, Dufrene escaped from her handcuffs at one point, but the deputy re-secured the handcuffs. She was later transported to the Detention Center where she was booked on the aforementioned charges as well as simple escape. She is currently being held in lieu of $4,750 bond as set by Judge Simpson.
Lafourche Parish Drug Task Force Agents arrested two men following a traffic stop on Friday. At around 2pm, agents initiated a traffic stop on a white car in Galliano for an obscured license plate. Agents noticed an open alcohol container in plain view and ordered the occupants out of the vehicle. Agents recognized the rear passenger, Larry Moten Jr. (B/M, D.O.B. 12/19/82) of 424 E. 23rd St. in Cut Off, as having an active warrant for principle to distribution of crack cocaine and placed him under arrest. Agents then identified the driver as Adam Minor (B/M, D.O.B. 01/11/83) of 285 E. 67th Street in Cut Off. During a vehicle search, agents discovered a small bag of suspected marijuana near the driver seat and learned Minor had a suspended license. Agents then arrested Minor for possession of marijuana (2nd offense), operating a vehicle with a suspended license, improper license plate display and having an open container. Both were transported to the Detention Center and were released Friday night after each posted bond. Moten was released on $10,000 bond as set by the warrant, and Minor was released after posting $2,350 bond as set by Judge Simpson.
With this weekend’s 11 DWIs, the LPSO Patrol Division now has a total of 254 DWI arrests thus far in 2012. The following individuals were charged with DWI offenses this weekend:
• Michael Plaisance Jr. (W/M, D.O.B. 08/10/79) of 121 S. Leon Dr., Gheens – 3rd offense DWI, open container, improper lane usage
• Marco Maldonado (H/M, D.O.B. 09/03/87) of 379 Comeaux Dr., Lockport – 3rd offense DWI, no required interlock device for past DWI offense
• Jacob Terrebonne (W/M, D.O.B. 09/21/88) of 114 Danos St., Raceland – 2nd offense DWI, speeding
• Robert Leslie (W/M, D.O.B. 09/25/71) of 2501 Romig Dr., Marrero – 1st offense DWI
• Dan Hebert (W/M, D.O.B. 01/30/68) of 818 Hwy. 55, Montegut – 1st offense DWI, improper lane usage
• Davis Foret (W/M, D.O.B. 09/30/91) of 700 Primrose Dr., Luling – 1st offense DWI, open container, no headlights
• Todd Gilfour (W/M, D.O.B. 06/12/64) of 126 Aselane St., Gray – 1st offense DWI, improper lane usage
• David Dufrene (W/M, D.O.B. 06/20/58) of 135 Johnny Dufrene Dr. (Apt. 2), Mathews – 1st offense DWI, improper lane usage
• Floyd Duncan (B/M, D.O.B. 10/18/58) of 242 Pacific Ave., New Orleans – DWI 1st offense
• Nicholas Ballou (W/M, D.O.B. 01/25/86) of 3426 Hwy. 1, Raceland – DWI 1st offense and passing in a no passing zone
• Odell Gray (B/M, D.O.B. 10/09/64) of 336 Brocato Lane, Raceland – DWI 1st offense
In addition to the aforementioned fugitive arrests through drug enforcement efforts, 12 other fugitives were also found and charged during the three day period. Of note, Fredi Daigle (W/M, D.O.B. 06/19/81) of 1052 Choctaw Road in Thibodaux was located at his residence and arrested as a fugitive of Ascension Parish for three counts of voyeurism. Joseph Dawson (B/M, D.O.B. 06/14/92) of 1718 S. Barbier Avenue in Thibodaux was arrested on an outstanding warrant from the City of Thibodaux for simple battery. Ten others were charged with various counts of contempt of court.