The Lafourche Parish Sheriff's Office has announced it will be offering two Concealed Handgun Training Courses. The first will be on Sunday, September 21, and another will be offered on Saturday, November 1. Both classes will he held at the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office Shooting Range Facility located at 3451 Highway 182 in Raceland. Class will begin at 8:00 a.m. and last until approximately 5:00 p.m. with a break for lunch. The actual ending time will vary due to class size.
Each course will include the following:
- One hour of instruction on handgun nomenclature and safe handling procedures of a revolver and semi-automatic pistol.
- One hour of instruction on ammunition knowledge and fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Three hours of instruction on the use of deadly force and conflict resolution.
- (Includes a review of R.S. 14:18 through 14:22 and which may include a review of any other laws relating to the use of deadly force)
- One hour of instruction on handgun shooting positions.
- One hour of instruction on child access prevention.
- Two hours of actual live range fire and proper handgun cleaning procedures. Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a total of 36 rounds.
- Must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at each distance.
- Must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of a NRA B-27 type silhouette target with at least 36 rounds.
The cost for the course is $110, and advance registration is suggested due to limited class size. This course is a pre-requisite for those applying for a Concealed Handgun Permit from the State of Louisiana. CLICK HERE to register online, or for more information, please contact Lieutenant Lafate Day at (985) 803-1062 or (985) 438-7873 or by email at email@example.com.