Sheriff Craig Webre announced the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office will offer a Beginner Handgun Course on Saturday, January 20, 2018, at the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office Shooting Range located at 3451 Highway 182 in Raceland. This class is designed for first-time firearms owners and persons looking to learn basic fundamentals about firearm ownership. Class will begin at 8 a.m. and last until around noon. The actual ending time will vary due to class size.
This course will include the following:
- Firearms handling and shooting safety
- Firearms parts and their operation
- Ammunition and its function
- Shooting fundamentals and an opportunity to develop them on the range
- How to select, clean, and store a firearm
- Review of various activities available to help participants develop their shooting skills
- One hour of live range fire with certified Range Safety instructor
The cost for the course is $50, and advance registration is suggested due to class size. CLICK HERE to register online, or for more information, contact Captain Lafate Day at (985) 449-4485 or by email at email@example.com. Participants will need to bring 50 rounds of ammunition, eye protection (sunglasses or eyeglasses are sufficient), and ear protection (muffs or plugs).