Please refresh this page to ensure you are viewing the latest information.
Links: LA Dept. of Health | Coronavirus.gov
Questions about COVID-19? Call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898211.
Keep Calm During COVID-19 Hotline: 1-866-310-7977.
Crisis Counseling Text Line: text keyword REACHOUT to 741741.
Resources for stress, unemployment, Medicaid, SNAP, SBA, and homeowners HERE.
LOUISIANA PHASE ONE RE-OPENING:
- Statewide Stay at Home Order has been LIFTED.
- OPEN with limitations (25% occupancy, sanitation, distancing): restaurants, coffee shops, cafes, churches, barbers shops, salons, solo and non-contact sports, museums, zoos, aquariums, gyms, fitness centers, casinos, video poker, racetracks (no spectators), bars and breweries with LDH food permit. Visit OpenSafely.LA.gov for more information.
- STILL CLOSED: spas & massage establishments, tattoo shops, carnivals, amusement parks, water parks, trampoline parks, arcades, fairs, bars and breweries without LDH food permits, pool halls, contact sports, children’s play centers, playgrounds, theme parks, adult entertainment venues, and other similar businesses.
- Strongly recommended:
- Wear appropriate face coverings in public unless under 2 years old or have breathing issues. See Mask Guidance.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if soap/water not available. Avoid touching your face. Sneeze/Cough into tissue, elbow or mask. Frequently clean high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from anyone not in your household.
- Anyone who is sick, 65+ years old or immunocompromised should stay home.
- Schools remain closed. See school websites for more information:
- Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office: offices open, but online services encouraged.
- Lafourche Parish District Attorney: offices have REOPENED to the public. Visitors must wear a mask and are encouraged to call ahead for an appointment. READ MORE…
- 17th Judicial District Court: is back OPEN. Everyone entering is required to wear a mask, and a check-in process is being utilized. READ MORE…
- Lafourche Parish Water District No. 1: offices REOPENED to the public.
- Lafourche Parish Assessor: offices will REOPEN on Monday, June 1. Anyone entering is subject to a temperature check and must wear a mask. Sanitizer will also be available. Only one person per party allowed in the facility.
- Lafourche Central Market: reopens on June 6, 2020 and every Saturday, 9am-1pm.
- Lafourche Parish Government: offices remain CLOSED to the public. Residents should use online services.
- Greater Lafourche Port Commission: offices remain CLOSED to the public.
- Lafourche Parish Libraries: CLOSED to the public. Virtual library and curbside pickup available.
- Lafourche Parish Registrar of Voters: offices CLOSED to public until further notice.
- Lafourche Parish Animal Shelter: all owner surrenders suspended. Stray intake reduced to emergency only. Spay/neuter program suspended. Adoptions are available online.
- Lafourche Council on Aging: Senior Centers are CLOSED to the public. Meal delivery is continuing.
DRIVE-THRU COVID-19 SELF-TESTING SITE:
A drive-thru site for free COVID-19 diagnostic testing is open at the LPSO Shooting Range (3451 Hwy. 182, Raceland). The site is 7 days a week from 8 a.m. until noon or until the daily test limit has been reached each day. Anyone ages 18+ can be tested. You must remain in your car, but anyone of age inside the car may be tested. You will be required to perform a nasal swab on yourself. Results are returned in 3-5 days. No appointment is necessary. Insurance is not required. Pets are not allowed.
NOTE: The testing site will close at noon on Friday, May 29 for the foreseeable future.
COVID-19 GENERAL INFORMATION:
COVID-19 is primarily spread through the air by coughing & sneezing, close personal contact, and touching an object with the virus on it then touching your mouth/nose/eyes. To protect yourself, wash your hands often (for 20 seconds) with soap and water, avoid touching your mouth/nose/eyes, and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces daily. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you are symptoms or believe you may have come into contact with an infected person, call your doctor. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 and let them know you may have COVID-19. For more information, please visit coronavirus.gov.
The CDC is also recommending the use of cloth face coverings anytime you go out in public. CLICK HERE for guidance on cloth face coverings.
- Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
- Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital
- Lady of the Sea General Hospital
- Download the LPSO App on Apple and Android devices.
- Bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
- Follow @LafourcheSO on Twitter and Facebook.
- Subscribe to news releases by email.
- LPSO: (985) 532-2808 or 911 for emergencies
- Lafourche Parish Government: (985) 537-7603
- Louisiana Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention