Please refresh this page to ensure you are viewing the latest information.
Questions about COVID-19? Call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898211.
Keep Calm During COVID-19 Hotline: 1-866-310-7977.
Crisis Counseling Text Line: text keyword REACHOUT to 741741.
Resources for stress, unemployment, Medicaid, SNAP, SBA, and homeowners HERE.
Report businesses for failure to follow guidelines: 1-800-256-5452
- LPSO will not be organizing or participating in events for National Night Out Against Crime, which was scheduled for October 6, 2020.
- Cut Off Youth Center Hurricane Festival, originally scheduled for September 25-27, has been indefinitely POSTPONED.
- La Fete Des Vieux Temps, originally scheduled for October 2-4, 2020, in Raceland, has been CANCELED.
- Louisiana Gumbo Festival of Chackbay, originally scheduled for October 9-11, 2020, has been CANCELED.
- Big Boy’s Main Street Cook-off, originally scheduled for November 13, 2020, has been CANCELED.
- Thibodeauxville Fall Festival, originally scheduled for November 14, 2020, has been CANCELED.
LPSO OFFICES & SERVICES:
- Our offices are open, but online services encouraged. All visitors must wear a mask inside our offices. Pay Tickets & Fines | Inmate Video Visitation | Inmate Commissary
LOUISIANA IS IN PHASE THREE OF REOPENING:
- Restaurants, churches, salons, spas, gyms, and other businesses will be allowed to open to up to 75% capacity while still adhering to social distancing measures.
- Crowds are limited to 50% capacity (250 people max) at any indoor or outdoor gathering.
- All bars are limited to curbside delivery or drive-through service in Lafourche Parish at this time. If the positivity rate falls to 5% or less, bars can open at 25% capacity (and other restrictions) if parish officials “opt in” to allow on-premises consumption.
- Live music is not permitted.
- View the Phase Three Proclamation or visit OpenSafely.LA.gov for more information for specific businesses.
- Face coverings are required when in public. See Governor’s release for details and exceptions | CLICK HERE for CDC guidance on face coverings.
- Strongly recommended:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if soap/water not available. Avoid touching your face. Sneeze/Cough into tissue, elbow or mask.
- Frequently clean high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from anyone not in your household.
- Anyone who is sick, 65+ years old or immunocompromised should stay home.
COVID-19 GENERAL INFORMATION:
COVID-19 is primarily spread through the air by coughing & sneezing, close personal contact, and touching an object with the virus on it then touching your mouth/nose/eyes. To protect yourself, wash your hands often (for 20 seconds) with soap and water, avoid touching your mouth/nose/eyes, and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces daily. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you are symptoms or believe you may have come into contact with an infected person, call your doctor. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 and let them know you may have COVID-19. For more information, please visit coronavirus.gov.
- LPSO: (985) 532-2808 or 911 for emergencies
- Lafourche Parish Government: (985) 537-7603
- Lafourche Parish School District
- Louisiana Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
- Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital
- Lady of the Sea General Hospital
- Download the LPSO App on Apple and Android devices.
- Bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
- Follow @LafourcheSO on Twitter and Facebook.
- Subscribe to news releases by email.