Please refresh this page to ensure you are viewing the latest information.
Questions about COVID-19? Call 211 or text the keyword LACOVID to 898211.
Keep Calm During COVID-19 Hotline: 1-866-310-7977.
Crisis Counseling Text Line: text keyword REACHOUT to 741741.
Resources for stress, unemployment, Medicaid, SNAP, SBA, and homeowners HERE.
Report businesses for failure to follow guidelines: 1-800-256-5452
CANCELED/POSTPONED LOCAL EVENTS:
- Lockport Christmas Parade, originally scheduled for December 5, 2020, has been CANCELED.
- Thibodaux Christmas Parade, originally scheduled for December 6, 2020, has been CANCELED.
LPSO OFFICES & SERVICES:
- Our offices are open, but online services are encouraged. All visitors must wear a mask inside our offices. Pay Tickets & Fines | Inmate Video Visitation | Inmate Commissary
LOUISIANA IS IN PHASE TWO:
- All restaurants are limited to 50% of their indoor capacity. Restaurants should move as much dining outdoors as they can. Social distancing is required.
- For bars in parishes above 5% positivity, bars are closed to indoor sales and consumption but open for outdoor consumption at tables only and at 25% capacity, with a maximum of 50 people. Social distancing is required. Take-out and delivery will still be available.
- Retail businesses at 50% capacity, except for essential businesses, as defined by federal guidance from the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
- Gyms may be open at 50% of their capacity.
- Places of worship will remain at a maximum of 75% of their capacity or the number of people who can physically distance with at least six feet between each immediate household. The State Fire Marshal will put out additional COVID mitigation measures to make services safer.
- Barber and beauty shops, and nail salons may open at 50% of their capacity.
- Movie theaters may open at 50% of their capacity.
- Indoor gatherings at event/receptions centers are limited to 25% capacity or up to 75 individuals.
- Outdoor gatherings at event/reception centers are limited to 25% capacity or up to 150 individuals when strict physical distancing is not possible.
- All sporting events will be capped at 25% capacity.
- View the Phase Two announcement or visit OpenSafely.LA.gov for more information for specific businesses.
- Face coverings are required when in public. See Governor’s release for details and exceptions | CLICK HERE for CDC guidance on face coverings.
- Strongly recommended:
- Avoid gatherings of individuals not part of your household.
- Businesses are encouraged to use remote work where possible.
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if soap/water not available. Avoid touching your face. Sneeze/Cough into tissue, elbow or mask.
- Frequently clean high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from anyone not in your household.
- Anyone who is sick, 65+ years old or immunocompromised should stay home.
COVID-19 GENERAL INFORMATION:
COVID-19 is primarily spread through the air by coughing & sneezing, close personal contact, and touching an object with the virus on it then touching your mouth/nose/eyes. To protect yourself, wash your hands often (for 20 seconds) with soap and water, avoid touching your mouth/nose/eyes, and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces daily. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you are symptoms or believe you may have come into contact with an infected person, call your doctor. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 and let them know you may have COVID-19. For more information, please visit coronavirus.gov.
- LPSO: (985) 532-2808 or 911 for emergencies
- Lafourche Parish Government: (985) 537-7603
- Lafourche Parish School District
- Louisiana Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
- Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital
- Lady of the Sea General Hospital
- Download the LPSO App on Apple and Android devices.
- Bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
- Follow @LafourcheSO on Twitter and Facebook.
- Subscribe to news releases by email.