Bonding transactions can be completed at the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex or at the South Lafourche Sub-Station. There are five methods of bonding:

Cash Bonds apply when cash is used for the total amount of the inmate’s bond. Money orders and credit cards can be used for cash bonds. Upon completion of all court proceedings cash bond monies will be refunded minus the $30 bond fee (does not include fines & costs).

Surety Bonds apply when a Bail Bonding Agency provides an insurance power for the inmate’s bond. The bonding company generates a fee for using their services. The Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office does not make recommendations for bonding companies and is in no way involved in the money transaction between the bonding company and the party posting the bond.

Property Bonds apply when an individual utilizes land as a form of collateral for an inmate’s bond. The property must be assessed by the offices of the Assessor and Clerk of Court in the parish where the property is located. That assessment must be submitted to the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex in the form of the original paperwork. The assessed value of the property is multiplied by 10 and all liens are subtracted from the total assessed value. The final value must be at least the amount of the bond, and the ALL owners of the property must be present with valid photo identification.

A Personal Recognizance Bond, or “P.R.” Bond, applies when a Judge orders the release of a detainee by having him place his signature on documents bonding the detainee to appear in court on the indicated date. Only a Judge can authorize this bond.

Fines and Costs apply when a Judge allows a detainee to pay fines and court costs associated with the violation to be released from custody. This is usually done on charges of Contempt of Court for failing to pay fines and court costs and Child Support. Only the Judge can make this determination. In addition to the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex and South Lafourche Sub-Station, fines and costs payments can also be made at the Administrative Office in Thibodaux.

BACK to Corrections Department