The Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office has announced a Concealed Handgun Training Course will be held on Saturday, January 19, 2019, at the LPSO Shooting Range Facility located at 3451 Highway 182 in Raceland. The class will begin at 8:00 a.m. and last until approximately 5:00 p.m. with a break for lunch. The actual ending time will vary due to class size.
The course will include the following:
- One hour of instruction on handgun nomenclature and safe handling procedures of a revolver and semi-automatic pistol.
- One hour of instruction on ammunition knowledge and fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Three hours of instruction on the use of deadly force and conflict resolution. (Includes a review of R.S. 14:18 through 14:22 and which may include a review of any other laws relating to the use of deadly force)
- One hour of instruction on handgun shooting positions.
- One hour of instruction on child access prevention.
- Two hours of actual live range fire and proper handgun cleaning procedures. Live range fire shall include 12 rounds each at 5 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet for a total of 36 rounds.
- Must perform at least one safe reload of the handgun at each distance.
- Must score 100% hits within the silhouette portion of an NRA B-27 type silhouette target with 36 rounds.
The cost for the course is $110, and advance registration is suggested due to limited class size. This course is a pre-requisite for those applying for a Concealed Handgun Permit from the State of Louisiana. CLICK HERE to register online for the course, or for more information, please contact Captain Lafate Day at (985) 449-4485 or by email at email@example.com.
Participants will need to bring 50 rounds of ammunition, eye protection (sunglasses or eyeglasses are sufficient), and ear protection (muffs or plugs).